Sunday, July 16, 2006

I pity the fool (who doesn't read this)

This short dispatch from the Television Critics' Association courtesy of Scott Collins appeared in the Los Angeles Times on Saturday, July 15. I need not say anything more ...

"To my chagrin, I missed the TV Land panel Thursday morning at the press tour in Pasadena to plug Mr. T's new self-help show, 'I Pity the Fool.' So I didn't observe the following priceless exchange, which is quoted verbatim from the transcript provided later:

Question: Mr. T, why do you pity the fool?

Mr. T: That is a good question. That is a good question and a legitimate question. And I'm the man to answer it. You pity the fool because you don't want to beat up a fool. You know, pity is between sorry and mercy. See, if you pity him, you know, you won't have to beat him up. So that's why I say fools, you gotta give another chance because they don't know no better. That's why I pity them.

Who says the press tour is a waste of time?

I love life.

No comments: