Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Finally

I slept more than 10 hours last night (with some help from a quick late-night alcohol blitz capped off with a meatless Moons Over My Hammy at Denny's (formerly Perkins) on Maple Road). Waking up today was the first time in literallly months that I felt totally rested. Like completely, uncompromisingly, so powerfully that I'm using unnecesssary modifiers, rested.

I just watched RENT the movie again and despite the critical pans, I love it, I think mostly in the way that something truly Good will persevere no matter what and Jonathan Larson's RENT is just such a thing of that Goodness. Off to read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows again. That's a good day ... real rest, some editing, some Project Runway, a Sabres win over the Senators and RENT and Harry Potter 7.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the coasts and points in between. Sure, the actual historic Thanksgiving has much awfulness connected to it (like smallpox, exploitation, gambling) but the idea of being humble and thankful ... that's pretty much always a GOOD thing.

No comments: