Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Another reason to hate Rush Limbaugh

Rush Limbaugh has criticized California Assemblyman Bill Maze (R-Visalia), who has introduced legislation that would make it illegal to drive with a dog on your lap. I think the only thing that I can say in response is: "IT'S FUCKING LEGAL TO DRIVE WITH A FUCKING DOG ON YOUR FUCKING LAP?"

Are you kidding me? Seriously, it's legal to have a living, breathing, sitting, shedding, tail-wagging, pooping, potentially car-sicking, panting, barking, jumping, shifting hairy distraction on your lap while you operate a high-speed, multi-ton piece of potentially lethal machinery?

Here are some stats from the L.A. Times ...

There were at least 128 accidents in the state last year in which a factor was inattention caused by animals in the vehicle, according to the California Highway Patrol. Those included one fatality and 68 injuries.

Maze noted that a crash last month in Modesto involved a woman driving with her cat.

"It scratched her in the face and she went out of control and hit a power pole," Maze said.

I say keep fighting Bob Maze. That people, including the director of the Peterson Automotive Museum, are up in arms over one legislator's attempt to make a non-sensical dangerous practice illegal stupefies me, literally. I find myself unable to express my incredulity.

Kill me now.

No comments: