Thursday, April 09, 2009

Comedy is hard, because being smart is hard

So like most people I want to know more about why and how the economy got fucked, which would hopefully lead to me being able to better evaluate different proposals to unfuck it and also those that would prevent future fucks (is that pre-unfucking?). But honestly, I feel like this shit is waaaaay beyond me. And though I am often an apologist for newspapers and reporters, I like many others point a GIANT FOAM MIDDLE FINGER at the business journalism community which was too ready to wave the giant foam we're-no.-1 finger during the last 20 years rather than explain what a hedge fund was, how it worked and the complete lack of rules governing investment bankers.

Thankfully, there's Jon Stewart, The Daily Show and William Cohan.

The Daily Show With Jon StewartM - Th 11p / 10c
William Cohan
thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Economic CrisisPolitical Humor

No comments: