Friday, March 12, 2010

Beer + indie rock + California = :)

Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is one of my desert album Top 24. (I use the unusually high 24 for my desert album list of gotta-have albums because the first leather CD holder I bought for my car holds 24 discs.) It was my favorite album to listen to during my roadtrip from Amherst to Los Angeles back in August of 2002. And it seems to have inspired a new beer from the cats up at Lagunitas Brewery in Petaluma, CA.

I present Wilco Tango Foxtrot. (Thanks Pitchfork for pointing this out.)

According to posts it's an imperial brown ale that is "rich, smooth, dangerous, and chocolatey." And it's also 7+ ABV, so good times shall be had when I can score some of this. I'll even have my first beer review on the blog, which has been languishing. Hopefully now that deadline is over, I'll be blogging more.

No comments: