Saturday, June 24, 2006

The best city ever

Since I've moved to Los Angeles ...

I've rocked and cried to Rilo Kiley (and heard/seen Jenny perform Lost in Your Eyes with Debbie Gibson) ... seen Lost in Translation, Spellbound, Return of the King, X-2 (at a screening and also Revenge of the Sith), School of Rock, ... seen Corey Feldman and Keanu Reeves ... met Rachael Yamagata, ... finally fucking understood that X-Large T-shirts shouldn't be worn by guys who are 5-feet-4, ... learned a fuckofalot about art and design and music and myself from Amy M, ... added "ride a furry tractor" to my Life to-do list, ... made some new best friends, learned to admit how much I cry and that I've been very confused about my identity, ... gotten back into comic books, ... eaten Ethiopian food, ... met legitimately great future writers in the best job ever, ... had my picture surreptitiously taken while lying on the floor in work clothes, ... Clapped my hands and said "Yeah," ... been on a ship larger than the Titanic, ... learned to appreciate Albany beer, ... encountered cloned animals, ... had my mind captivated by a 26-year-old teenage detective, ... seen my best friend marry the best gal ever, ... become a REAL hockey fan, ... ranked my favorite television seasons of all time, ... lowered my standards in life so that when I noticed the flaw in Ocean's 11 I realized I didn't care that much, ... almost freaked out when it appeared that a high school classmate of mine might do gratuitous nudity in a real Z-grade movie, ... started to evolve from a white suburban kid into the guy who has stared back at me in the mirror for the last 30 (motherfucking) years, ... joined the cult of Trader Joe's, ... Killed Bill, ... gone to the Center of the Earth and back, ... Pulled Shapes, ... killed my Myspace, ... actually won in Vegas, ... figured out where Snape's loyalties truly lie, ... and seen most of the best concerts of my life.

Fuck smog, this city rules.

Yeah, this entry is sorta kinda sappy and stabbing at life-assesment, but I guess drinking half a bottle of Shiraz and watching Lost in Translation will do that to ya, eh?

What can I say, I love L.A., though I'm not a big fan of that Randy Newman song.

I just heard a weird noise from my front door, which is really bizarro since no one's here right now, but me. (aside over).

Happy weekend,

Mike

(list amended Sunday morning 11:45 PDT)

No comments: