Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Just when I think I'm, something pulls me back out -- ALSO, BEST SONGS OF 2006

Today, I swear to God I was going to blog blog blog about why Kirsten Dunst should perhaps be my wife, the worst concert fans ever, the worst airplane seat mates ever, being really old and way too old to use "party" as a verb, but then our Web site went to the string (theoretical physics reference) of hell. I spent most of my Monday (beginning around midnight) communicating with our hosts about how they fucked us.

So instead of reading and blogging, I was watching my computer waiting for it to boil. I didn't do laundry, didn't grocery shop (maybe i'll lose a few pounds this week), but did manage to see my favoritest Michiganer in the universe, buy her dinner and take her to the airport. Wow, she's got a nice life, eh? Joke, joke, joke. If any of you actually visit me in Los Angeles, I can promise similar treatment.

OK, gotta get some sleep and stuff for the battle begins again tomorrow. If I win perhaps I get to see Apocalypto or maybe I'll just start my Netflix membership.

Btw, check this out:

Arcade Fire-"Intervention"

It's guaranteed to blow your mind. If it wasn't officially going to be out next Feb. it would have likely made best of 2006. OK, it wouldn't have but only because I already did it and oh yeah, here that is:

1. Sukie In The Graveyard Belle and Sebastian The Life Pursuit
2. Headsfull Amy Millan Honey From The Tombs
3. Falling Slowly Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova The Swell Season
4. An Old Familiar Scene Elf Power Back to the Web
5. I Was Watching You Rosanne Cash Black Cadillac
6. Lloyd, I'm Ready To Be Heartbroken Camera Obscura Let's Get Out Of This Country
7. Pull Shapes Pipettes We Are The Pipettes -- I defy anyone to find a more fun song than this
8. Gold Lion Yeah Yeah Yeahs Show Your Bones
9. I'm Not The Only One Asking Mindy Smith Long Island Shores
10. Dream Priscilla Ahn E.P. -- someone sign her now
11. When Jack Killed Mom Jenny Lewis with The Watson Twins Live at the 9:30 Club 10.15.06 -- this is my favorite song of the year and ironically not from my fave album of the year, which was her album Rabbit Fur Coat
12. The Greatest Cat Power The Greatest
13. Summer In The City Regina Spektor Begin To Hope
14. Gray Room Damien Rice 9
15. To Go Home M. Ward Post-War -- Neko Case appears on this song and ergo this list
16. Not Ready To Make Nice Dixie Chicks Taking The Long Way
17. All The Way Down The Cake Sale The Cake Sale
18. Little Lover's So Polite Silversun Pickups Carnavas
19. Sister Jennifer O'Connor Over The Mountain, Across The Valley And Back To The Stars
20. Snakes on a Plane (Bring It) Cobra Starship, The Academy Is..., Gym Class Heroes, The Sounds, and The All-American Rejects Snakes on a Plane Soundtrack


1 comment:

conbon said...

i was at the 9:30 club for the "when jack killed mom" premier! what a good show.