Monday, December 17, 2007

Merry Dec. 17

I love Christmas. I am not a Christian or even religious, but I love Christmas the most. At its best this is the time of year that makes people happier, nicer, more generous and move willing to open themselves to love, forgiveness, gratitude and redemption. I've thought about these things a lot lately for no real reasons save it's the holidays and I've been drinking in my fave Christmas songs and holiday cheer. Well, I think also because we had the work Xmas party with the teen staff Saturday and trying to convince one particular girl that the Holidays were awesome (or at least could be) made me think back to how I felt during the holidays when I was her age (14 years ago).

I wasn't nearly so light and hopeful about them back then, far more cynical, though still drunk on the retail and days off of school.

In that spirit (poor connection here warning) here's a fave song from high school, though in no way holidays-related. This is one of the first songs I loved that not many other people had heard of. Thus birthed the music snob I've become, but I think a good person, too? Btw, to all music snobs out there, Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas Is You" is a FUCKING great song. But back to the Sundays ...

No comments: