Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I never thought I'd be associated with something this cool // shameless plug

As many of you know, I am the annoying friend who LOVES his job, who literally wakes up and feels lucky to go to do the work that I do every day. I am an editor at a teen-written newspaper called L.A. Youth, the largest, independent teen paper in the United States (circ. 120,000). Every day I talk to high school students about great books, music, powerful writing, journalism and how to read the media. It's pretty amazing, and in a serendipitous way what I've always wanted to do. Back in high school (as I prepared to go off to college) I wanted to become an educational psychologist and work with gifted students. As my friend Amy pointed out, that's what I'm lucky enough to do.

So without further ado check this out to get some idea of my job. And thanks to Spotrunner -- the creative geniuses of awesomeness who put this together.

No comments: