Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Revolution 2006?

4:16 p.m. Still at work of course, but already dug around for my first peek at leaked exit poll results. I don't even want to type anything given how early it is. There's not enough salt in the ocean to compensate, not after 2000 and 2004 (Kerry was in a comfortable lead based on early polls).

In addition to the battle to retake the House and Senate, I am urgently waiting to see whether South Dakotans will savagely curtail personal liberties and ban virtually all abortions in their state and whether we in California will face a more incremental, though very significant, step toward eroding Roe v. Wade protections with Prop. 85, which would require doctors to inform parents when minors wanted abortions.

Thx to the wonders of tech, I'll be finding out via text message about South Dakota. Planned Parenthood had a system that allowed you to sign up for results to your cell. Nice. I hope.

Fingers remain crossed.

No comments: