Saturday, January 20, 2007

So what's the point, right?

I realize that the reason I haven't been blogging as much lately is because I've had too much going on--changing job duty stuff, moving to a new apartment, first of the year emotional/mental resets/shifts. But isn't that what a blog is supposed to be for? Hrmmm ... I'll have to think more on this one.

The only thing I really want to say is that having a packrat mentality is a good thing. I tend to collect and save things. My fave thing to collect is honestly and sincerely people. I love meeting people and staying in touch with them and tracking their lives. If this is some weird compensation for voids in my own life, so be it. But I get so excited when I discover a talented writer emerging from a quiet or outcast or nerdy teen. And I am envious when one of my teens heads off to college (and even more envious when they venture overseas or to other countries to study things like Tango). Tonight (or should I say way too fucking early this morning considering I have to work in less than seven hours), I've been reading some old e-mails (thank you 2 GB Gmail) and receiving further affirmation that collecting is a good thing.

Saving Thanks yous and pictures of friends' babies and vacations and joys and stories of promotions and goofs and complaints, has revealed so much about my own life.

OK, enough of these fucking sappy blog entries. More sports and politics and music.

New Shins comes out Jan. 23!!! yayness.

No comments: