Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Happy solstice!

"Wells Fargo will contribute $5,000 to the 49ers Foundation to help undeserved youth in the Bay Area for every 49er touchdown scored this season. (Pause) There's going to be a lot of sad kids." -- Joe Starkey, 49ers radio broadcaster

I "borrowed" that from Bill Simmons's homepage on espn.com. But I thought that in honor of the beginning of winter, some humor was in order.

Btw, political update of the day: The Senate showed brass on filibustering ANWR drilling. Not even the American public is stupid enough to fall for the Republican ploy of attaching oil drilling in Alaska to war and katrina spending and saying that a vote to preserve Alaska is the same as a vote to help the terrorists defeat the troops and to continue poverty in Gulf.

But in good news politically, medical assistance for the poor and student loans were reduced in the new budget, b/c we've gotta preserve tax cuts for the wealthy! I cannot wait for like 8 years from now when those tax cuts trickle down!

Give me an S! Give me a U! Give me a P! Give me another P! Give me an L! Give me a Y! Give me an S! Give me an I! Give me a D! Give me an E!

What are you giving me? The economic shiv!

Happy solstice!

Btw, you know what the first night of winter means, right? The days start getting longer!!!!!!!!

Mike

No comments: