Thursday, December 22, 2005

What's the opposite of schadenfreude?


Shelley, wife of my best friend, Scott, has topped both Scott and myself. Scott and I have been loyal readers of Bill Simmons for years (and tried to get our e-mails into his mailbags) and since the two of them have been dating, she has migrated her Web browsing to include The Sports Guy and her sports fandom to the Red Sox.

So when Johnny Damon stabbed millions of Red Sox fans in the back and signed with the Evil Empire, she was naturally upset and fired off a rant to said Sports Guy. As soon as she cc:d it to Scott and me, I knew it had a real chance to actually getting published.

And lo and behold ... she obliterated us. (make sure to scroll down)

So what's the German word for anger and resentment at someone else's happiness?


Mike

P.S. the picture doesn't have any significance other than that, I love it!

No comments: