Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Best movie (review) of 2007

Here's my friend Dave's review of Once. This review is everything that I've wanted to reply to people when they ask me "what's it about?" after me pestering them to go see it. So thank you, Dave. If this gets even one of my blog readers (out of the say seven or so) to see this film then dammit, youv'e done the world a service.

If you've ever wondered why good movies don't get made more often then you HAVE to see this one. Vote with your feet and wallets and let the studios know that quirky, sincere, complexly layered movies about the big simplicities of life ARE what you're begging for.

I was going to blog about the new Rilo Kiley album, but I'm waiting for a day or two. I need to process it a little more. In short, disappointing. Still good, but a level below the other releases. :(

2 comments:

Anonymous Ninja Warrior said...

Hey, thanks for the post and shout-out! If it weren't for The Lookout, Once would easily be my favorite film of the year. But tied ain't half bad.

Lisa said...

Love love LOVE this movie. Oh. It's so beautiful. I am glad I dragged my husband to see it @ The Manhattan Village before it was gone.