Sunday, July 12, 2009

Weather dominator

I love the apartment I live in for the most part. We've been here more than two years and the hardwood-laminate floors, granite countertops, high-end washer/dryer, superpowerful microwave, big living room still make me happy in the way one should be happy at home. But that doesn't mean things are perfect. We're on the top floor of our two-story building so we get the risen heat to keep things warmer among other features that keep us warmer than desired in the heat of later July, August, September and early Santa Ana-ed October. We've got no screen door on our front door so we can't move air that way. Our windows are largely blocked by huge shrubs that dissipate the breeze. And for my bedroom, I've got vertical sliding windows, which I always thought were not window-fan friendly.

Until today. I present the Holmes HAWF-2043 Twin Window Fan. Check out these features ...
  • Draws in cool air, exhausts hot air, or exchanges air with outside
  • One-touch electronic control: two speeds and temperature selection
  • Thermostat turns fan off/on to maintain selected comfort level
  • Fits double-hung, vertical slider, and casement windows 24 to 37 inches wide
  • Extenders permit custom fit; 12-1/4 inches high overall, with 8-1/2-inch fans
Now it just has to work of course and fit as-promised. The feature I really wanted (bseides fitting into a vertical sliding window) is the ability to vent the ambeint hot air. Combined with the ceiling fan I am hopeful of a much more comfortable summer of sleeping.

And the price was only $39.99 on amaon.

No comments: